Purchase Videos of Summit:
Purchase Tickets for Course: https://nereta.ticketleap.com/healthcare-industry/dates/Sep-17-2018_at_0800AM
A three day conference is not enough time to provide regions with all of the information, tools and resources they will need to do a well-thought out strategic plan that is actionable. Therefore, NERETA is providing an eight session follow-up course to further support the goals of the conference, which is to help regions develop and collaborative strategic plan to support technology businesses with the workers they need….and also grow entrepreneurship and provide business growth support in their region. The concepts and processes from this course can be used in working with specific industries as well.
The course described below will be introduced at the Summit on Wednesday June 14th by Eric Hansen on developing a talent pipeline for the tech industry and followed up on June 15th by Maria Meyers from SourceLink who will review supporting entrepreneurs and business growth with Potential Pipeline Clog #1 with conference attendees.
A written workbook for that class will be made available. Conference attendees will leave the conference with the start of their collaborative TEAM strategic plan, Even if conference attendees come alone, they will have the opportunity to participate in the team environment by sitting in with other teams or creating onsite teams for the day, and will be able to begin thinking through how they will approach the strategic planning when they get back to their region.
The course for these webinars will be $159.00 for each class or $799 for the entire 8 session course.
The course is free to all Summit attendees who attend the full two days of the summit.
Individuals who attend the Summit for only one or two days will be provided the opportunity to purchase the course at half price – $399.00
Dates and presenters for the course to be announced soon! But here are some ideas of what we will be talking about:
POTENTIAL PIPELINE CLOG ONE:
ESTABLISHING THE VISION, MISSION AND GOALS
Thursday, 10/18/18 at 1:00 pm est
POTENTIAL PIPELINE CLOG TWO:
GATHERING SECONDARY RESEARCH DATA
- Which businesses to engage?
- Secondary research: Homework about target businesses
- Analyzing business needs and trends – Deeper dive into LMI
- How do clusters relate to sectors?
Thursday, 11/15/18 at 1:00 pm est
POTENTIAL PIPELINE CLOG THREE:
ENGAGING EMPLOYERS – GATHERING PRIMARY RESEARCH DATA
- How to engage businesses (Focus panels, interviews, questions to ask, who to ask)
- Facilitating communications between businesses
- Analyzing common issues
Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 1pm est
POTENTIAL PIPELINE CLOG FOUR:
ENGAGING SUPPORT FOR THE TECH INDUSTRY AS WELL AS ENTREPRENEURS AND BUSINESS GROWTH FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND COMMUNITY
EXTERNAL PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Extending the initial inward looking analysis to an external perspective, reviewing markets, technologies and the cluster’s competitive position
- Business and Industry Assocs., Chambers, Economic Development
Thursday, January 17, 2018 at 1pm est
Instructor: Hope Street Group
POTENTIAL PIPELINE CLOG FIVE:
STAFF AND PARTNER BUY-IN
Friday, February 21, 2017 at 1pm est
Instructor: Rick Brooks
POTENTIAL PIPELINE CLOG SIX:
DEVELOPING A PLAN OF ACTION –OBJECTIVES, STRATEGIES, TACTICS
Thursday, March 21, 2017 at 1pm est
Instructor: Glenna Crooks
POTENTIAL PIPELINE CLOG SEVEN:
EVALUATING THE PLAN
- Revisit the plan based on new information and input
- Who is the competition? What is our competitive value?
Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 1pm est
POTENTIAL PIPELINE CLOG EIGHT:
CREATING A SUSTAINABLE INITIATIVE – BUILDING IN CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Providing ongoing support
- Moving on from the initial, often short-term tactical projects, to more strategic, longer-term undertakings (maybe developing the sector/cluster’s brand, upgrading logistics, forming a sector/cluster-specific incubator, etc.)
- Establishing a business-led task force for the clustering initiative that over time morphs into a governance Board.
- Co-resourcing a dedicated person/team as the catalyst resource to continually move the sector/cluster forward.
Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 1pm est